Forgetting Fairytales is full of some pretty heavy content. I guess it has to be, especially when we’re addressing serious stuff. But, I don’t want this to be a faceless, personality-less blog full of self-help but no connection, which is why I thought it would be kind of cool to share 30 fun facts about me… That way, we can get to know each other a little better! So, let’s jump straight in…
- My name is Ella, but those closest to me call me Ell. I kinda like it. Although I think it would read better with an e on the end. Elle. Like the lifestyle magazine.
- I was born with a hole in my heart… uh huh, IT’S A SIGN! Maybe that’s why my heart is more susceptible to being broken?… Nah! Luckily it managed to heal by itself when I was just a baby. I’m made of strong stuff you see! 😉
- I think I have business running through my blood! I come from a family of self-made serial entrepreneurs and have also worked for myself from the age of 18. (Yep, I think it’s fair to say I would probably struggle to hold down a ‘normal’ job now!)
- Talking of family, I actually have the world’s smallest one… there are only four of us. I don’t even have a single cousin! But I love them more than anything else in this world. ❤️
- In addition to the four of us, I should also extend it out to my little cat, Smudge. YES – he does deserve a place on here! We grew up together, he gives the worlds best cuddles (who needs a man when you have a cat, right?!) and he definitely fits into our family because he’s a real character!
- When it comes to work, my main income comes from my Social Media Marketing company. Luckily I’ve built this up to a pretty strong place, with a team to help me keep it running – which frees up a lot of my time and enables me to work on other ventures… like this blog you’re on right now.
- I’m not sure if I believe in horoscopes but my star sign is Aquarius, which makes me a water bearer. I was also a water baby (born into a big tub!) which is maybe why I’m so good at swimming. My Mum says I swim like a mermaid. I happen to think it’s more like a fish – I’m definitely not that graceful! But either way, I’m an absolute boss at breast stroke. Race ya!
- When it comes to fitness, I like to stay pretty active. One of my favourite classes is body pump which I go to at least once a week, with my Dad. He makes it pretty hilarious actually because he has no rhythm whatsoever and definitely his own technique!
- I’m a MASSIVE travel addict, and have visited 39 different countries so far ✈️ Did I do a gap year? Unfortunately not. But with an online business I managed to adopt a digital nomad lifestyle, working from anywhere in the world. I hope to get up to 50 countries by the time I reach 25. It’s definitely achievable… I think!
- The first time I traveled alone was when I was 18 and I couldn’t have gone much further – heading all the way to the other side of the world, to Australia! It was the best experience though, and really helped me grow.
- Surprisingly (or not) I used to be so shy when I was younger. In fact, my Mum had to set up her own nursery to try to get me mixing with other children as I wouldn’t leave her side. She also worked as a teaching assistant in the same school, and class, as me – right from reception to year 6. So I always had that security blanket. I guess it’s no surprise we’re so close now!
- I’m a massive people-person and am all about the girl-power. I have an online girls group of over 1.2K members. I also have a local girls group, full of like-minded, young people just wanting to get together and do fun things! 👯 It’s been awesome. I’d love to help get this replicated in other areas. The key is all in creating a quality community, because I have genuinely never met such an incredible group of kind, like-minded wonderful ladies.
- I have a massive sweet-tooth, but my all-time favourite has got to be donuts. Jam ones, custard ones, ring ones, cream ones – the lot. And yes, I can be bribed with them! Donuts are certainly the way to my heart. NOM!
- I love raising money for charity and supporting causes that are close to my heart. The first business I set up was in events, where I raised thousands for both small and national charities. I’m now working on ways I can create a charity aspect on this website. After all, as Sir Winston Churchill so rightly said, “we make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give…”
- I also love animals. Particularly the cute, fluffy ones. Last year I volunteered at a Lion Conservation Project in Zimbabwe, where we would walk with lions every day to try to get them used to the wild. It was the most incredible experience of my life. I’d definitely go back again in a heartbeat.
- I laugh, very easily. And probably more often than most people. In fact, I make myself laugh all the time… If I think of something that amuses me, it will set me off. Even if I’m out in public, just walking along the street, I’ll find a little grin rising on my face. It makes me GREAT company though, because you’ll feel like an absolute comedian around me 😆
- I am fiercely loyal and always look out for the people I love. If I care about you, I’ve got your back, always.
- I don’t actually watch a lot of TV, but the shows I’ll make an exception for are when I’m looking to just chill out and switch off are… (I bet you can guess!) First Dates, Dinner Date, The Undatabales, Love Island. Yes, there is a common theme here! I also watch Hollyoaks. Blast from the past!
- I am the master of saving and managed to save over £110,000 to put onto my first property, at the age of just 23. I’ll share more on this in a post if you like, with top tips on how you can save more too.
- I also have investments in Stocks and Shares. Deciding which portfolio to go for with this was the absolute bane of my life a few years back. In fact, I think I deliberated on it for at least a year. I’m happy with the end decision though, and that’s now helping me to save for retirement. (Stocks are certainly a long term investment, not short!)
- I absolutely love singing and dancing… although how good I am at both is debatable! My claims to fame in these areas however? 😆 I once took the leading role in our school play of Robin Hood, playing Maid Marian where I had to not only act but also sing. I also used to teach dance at primary schools – that was my first money-making initiative at 14 / 15!
- I’ve never been to University but academically I’m pretty strong. I left high school with the second highest grades of my year, receiving all A’s & A*’s (even made it into the local papers AND I wasn’t in the ‘nerdy’ crew!) Moving onto college, I then completed my business course with the highest possible Ucas points, both years running, receiving Distinction * on every single assignment. I did this in just a matter of months, which was literally unheard of, but meant I could leave college early and get a head start at life! I’ll probably do an Open University course at some point. Just to keep challenging myself and potentially open more doors!
- A life-long goal of mine would be to get into politics. I don’t know a lot about it, but I have strong beliefs and think I could genuinely create positive change. #NeverSayNever #TheNextMargaretThatcher
- I’m incredibly passionate about the environment and am working with One Tree Planted to get our forests restored! I also do tree planting when I can here in the UK, with the Heart of England Forests. It’s very rewarding!
- I tan easy, and keep it. As I’m actually an eighth Italian. 🇮🇹
- One of my biggest fears, that is now (semi) conquered is actually public speaking. I used to do talks at events and schools. Some went better than others, but every time my legs would literally tremble like crazy! The feeling you get afterwards though, is just something else. It also really helps you grow as a person so it’s something I think everyone should do!
- I’ve always loved writing. In fact, I started writing books in just my early teens. I’ve definitely always been in a world of my own!
- My favourite sport has got to be basketball. The fast-pace, the atmosphere… and the players aren’t too bad to look at either! It makes a great Friday night out, heading to the game with the girls!
- Talking about the weekends – I love a good day trip, or spending time doing different things, but I also LOVE to party. (Even if the hangovers are killers now!) You could leave me with good music and good company all night, and I’d still be out into the early hours of the morning. Sometimes you’ve just got to let your hair down a little!
- One quote I firmly believe in?
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
We all write our own stories of which we call life, and can throw in as many plot twists as we like! That to me, is one of the most exciting things of them all!
So I think that rounds things up. 30 fun facts about me. If you related to any of this, or have one to share of your own – pop them in the comments box below, or reach out to me on Facebook / Instagram. I’d love to hear from you so don’t be shy.
It’s such a pleasure having you here on this blog!
Love & gratitude,