Are you looking for the best serious dating apps? The apps that are most likely to result in real love, with people looking for the same things as you? Then fear not – we’re going to round up our top 5 suggestions for the best dating apps for serious relationships in 2024.
Why only 5 you ask? (When there must be so many different apps out there?!) Well because isn’t there too much choice when it comes to dating already?
Instead, we’re going to guide you to the serious dating apps that are most worthy of your time – the best dating apps to focus on. (In line with our dating app tips to help you find love!)
So without further ado, let’s jump straight in. Here’s our top recommendations when it comes to the best serious dating apps to use right now.
Please note: this post may include affiliate links. This means I may earn commission if you click through and purchase. I will however, only work with companies I personally have used or approved.
The Best Serious Dating Apps For 2024
Finding love doesn’t need to feel like such a battle. But the platform you choose – it makes a difference. Here’s the best serious dating apps to spend your time on.
I’m going to kick off this list with our first top recommended best serious dating app, which is – no other than – EHarmony: the #1 trusted dating app. See, here’s some cool credentials:
- Every 14 minutes someone finds love on EHarmony
- They have the Highest Quality Dating Pool of all apps.
- 2.3 million messages are sent weekly.
- Over 2 million people have found love.
- It’s the site most likely to lead to happy relationships!
Why? Because these guys have been going for over 20+ years! They use a unique Compatibility Matching System that gets results, and therefore attract smart, sincere, quality people, serious about finding love.
Forget the standard swiping – there’s proper algorithms and real science behind the matches that you get on EHarmony.
It’s all about finding someone you match with, someone you’re in tune with, someone with the same outlook, who you can really bounce off.
Feeling intrigued? Then start by creating a FREE profile. No cost, no risk – go for it my friends!
I’ve heard of a number of success stories on EHarmony, leading to both relationships and marriages – so it’s a serious dating app that I personally can vouch for!
So what else have we got for our serious daters? Well, another platform that I’ve heard personal success stories from, is Elite Singles.
This is slightly different to the other dating apps out there, because it’s designed for successful professionals, with “above average education”.
They’re selective in who they let in, and then matchmake as opposed to leaving it entirely to you.
At EliteSingles, we offer a streamlined approach to internet dating. We suggest suitable profiles for you, delivering 3-7 potential matches a day. To help ensure compatibility, we base these suggestions on your relationship preferences, location and individual personality test answers.
Just like EHarmony, it’s a far more thorough approach to dating. It also avoids profile overload and dating app burnout and is certainly one of the best dating apps for serious relationships because that’s what they’re designed for.
In fact, they state on their website: “EliteSingles caters only to those looking for a serious relationship.” If you’re not looking for the real-deal, you’re not allowed in!
This is what creates such a strong success rate! EliteSingles are creating on average 2000 new couples each month in more than 20 countries worldwide! Click here to create your free profile.
Best Dating Apps For Serious Relationships
What other serious dating apps do we recommend? Well…
We’re half way through our top serious dating apps and it’s time to throw Bumble into the mix! See, Bumble was first founded to challenge the antiquated rules of dating.
They made it not only necessary but acceptable for women to make the first move, shaking up outdated gender norms and providing a safe online community to build new relationships.
The thing that makes Bumble one of the best dating apps for serious relationships is:
- You can see what people are looking for. On each persons profile there’s an option to state whether they want a relationship, marriage, something casual – or to make it clear they’re not sure. You can also filter with the options you want / need, to connect with people on the same page as you.
- You can filter on other things. With bumble, you can choose to only match with those who meet your “requirements” – for example, if you want to meet someone in a particular location, if you have a “dealbreaker” that they need to be a certain height, or if you want them to have kids, want kids, want a relationship – like we said before. This saves time and means you’re again, getting to know the right kind of people.
- You have to speak. Another great feature on Bumble is the fact you have to message within 24 hours of matching someone, and they have to reply back within 24 hours – otherwise they’ll disappear! This means you find far more active users, and literally have to get that conversation going!
Uh huh, I’m a big advocate for Bumble. It’s definitely one of the best serious dating apps and one that puts you in control.
Now “with great power, comes great responsibility” 😉 so make sure you’re sending the best opening lines on Bumble to get those all-important responses back…
When you do this, you also avoid the mind-numbingly boring “hey” messages that you then have to work out how to respond to! So it’s a win, win, to put the effort in.
Another similar app to Bumble, is Hinge. Now it doesn’t have the advanced features of EHarmony or Elite Singles. It also doesn’t have everything that Bumble has – for instance, the filters aren’t as comprehensive and there’s no timer which means you have to speak.
However, Hinge is still worth adding onto the list of serious dating apps, because of the community they’ve built and the mission behind their business. See, they say:
In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted.
For that reason, they have extra features which encourage serious dating. For instance:
- You have sections to answer questions on your profile, encouraging you to share more about who you are and what you’re all about.
- When you “swipe” a match, you can also add a comment – onto a specific picture or a section of text, which increases your chance of getting that match back.
- Once you have your matches, you also get prompts to reply to messages, highlighting that it’s “your turn” if you’ve not replied to a message.
- If you don’t reply to a message in a certain length of time, your matches will go to an archive section – where they’re still viewable, you can still go back and reply, but they’re separated, making it easier to manage the matches you have and the matches you want to focus on.
- Whatsmore, Hinge will pop up and ask “Have You Met Yet?”
They’re doing a lot to encourage active dating, but the best part is – they’re genuinely attracting the right crowd with active users, looking to engage and connect.
For this reason, Hinge is well worth checking out and just HAS to make it onto the list of dating apps for serious relationships! Click here for more info.
5) Niche Dating Apps
Last but not least, to round up our list, I want to leave you not with one final suggestion, but instead encourage you to check out some of the niche dating apps that are on the market, because they’re also another great option when it comes to finding people looking for the same things as you.
See, we’ve listed the major players – with the two best serious dating websites (made into apps) and the two best serious dating apps, that are more mainstream but stand out against the crowd. These have got you sufficiently covered on that front.
So instead, if you’ve tried these, they’re still not quite right, google: “Dating Apps For….” and type what you want, type what you think is missing. Because I think you’ll be surprised!
Nowadays, there’s dating apps based on religion, there’s dating apps based on lifestyle choices, there’s dating apps based on passions, hobbies, interests!
So if you feel like you’re just not quite finding anyone on the same page as you – get more specific, focus on the serious dating apps that are niche.
There may be less members, but – if it’s a good one – there will be quality over quantity. Which is why it’s well worth a try.
How To Find Serious Daters
So you now know our 5 best serious dating apps, recommended for 2024.
My challenge to you? Sign up for at least one of them today. Whichever one you want, the choice is yours. But do it today – take that first step! And go into it with positivity and optimism.
Whichever serious dating app you choose, you can then better find the serious daters – the ones with real potential – by asking these qualifying questions.
This is really important, as it’s going to make sure you don’t fall for the wrong people.