Never let conversation run dry with this DIY Couples Question Game! This is the ultimate list of 100+ fun questions to ask your partner. You can also double it up to make it 200+ by trying to guess what the other person is going to say… Just make sure they write down their answer before you so there’s no cheating. If you want to make it more competitive, tally up the points you both got right and the one with the most points, wins. (There’s nothing like a bit of healthy competition to bring you closer!) Or, keep it nice and relaxed so that this couples question game becomes the perfect chilled date night at home.
So, are you ready for them? Let the questions…. BEGIN!
Questions About Them
The first section on our couples question game is questions for them. Ask your partner these questions so that you can really get to know them on a deeper level.
- What would you say you are most passionate about?
- What is your biggest fear?
- If you could achieve ONE life goal, what would it be?
- Would you rather be smart or attractive?
- If you could have three wishes right now, in this moment, what would they be? (Quick fire! You have 30 seconds to decide on the spot… otherwise they’ll disappear!)
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be and why?
- What would be your dream job?
- How would you spend your time when you retire? (Do this one with unlimited money, and then realistically – zzzzz!)
- If you could go back to any age in your life – which year would you choose and why?
- If you could meet one person (from any era in time), who would it be and why?
- What are your top three greatest achievements in your life so far? And how about your biggest regrets?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- If you could find out one thing about your future, what would you want to know? AND, what would you do if it wasn’t the answer you wanted but you couldn’t change it?
- What’s your favourite food / meal / desert / fruit / chocolate / drink? Etc. You get the picture!
- What is your favourite book / song / movie / tv series? Etc.
- What’s one of the first things you think about when you wake up?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had? Or one you’ve had recently?
- How do you think your family and upbringing has influenced the way you see love?
- Who are your five / ten favourite people on this planet?
- If you could go back to school, which classes would you like to do again?
- What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever done? (Fun) And what is the hardest lesson you’ve had to learn? (Serious)
- Who was your first crush / your first kiss / your first boyfriend / girlfriend – and how long did that last? (We’re talking primary school sort of relationships here. Not serious ones!)
- What brings meaning to your life and makes you feel good?
- Do you think you’re an optimist, pessimist or realist? And which is the best one to be?
- If you could wear just one outfit for a whole year (day and night, that’s all you had in your wardrobe) – what would it be? Note: you’re allowed to layer up for winter!
Questions About You
It’s section two on the couples question game and we’re going to swap it around to see what they think about you and how much they know about you!
- What’s your favourite quality in me?
- What’s your favourite physical feature of mine?
- What’s one thing that frustrates you about me? (Be nice!)
- What makes me different from other people you’ve been with?
- Do you think I’m easy to read?
- How many times do you think I cross your mind over the course of the day?
- What is the nicest thing I’ve ever done for you?
- What do you think is the thing I’ll never forget you doing for me?
- What am I most scared of?
- What do you think my dream date would be and why?
- If you could ask me one question (anything in the world!) what would you want to know?
- What’s your favourite outfit of mine and why?
- What do you think I believe in which isn’t true?
- What’s one thing you think I’d change about myself? (This one’s a bit risky!)
- What’s my favourite …enter any variable here…?
- If you could grant me one wish (but you couldn’t ask me what I wanted) what would you give me?
- What is one thing that holds me back?
- What’s a talent that I have, which I don’t even realise?
- Which TV character / book character / celebrity, do I remind you of the most?
- What’s one thing you see in me, which you think not many other people do?
- When do you think was the last time I cried? (Either with sadness or laughter, both count!)
- What job do you think would fit my personality style perfectly?
- If you were stuck on a desert island with one of my friends or family, who would you choose and why? (Think tactically!)
- How long do you think I could go without …enter variable here…?
- Tell me one thing you want me to know!
Psst, you could also take it in turn to do a few rounds of ‘confessions’, ‘would you rather?’ or the old classic ‘two truths and one lie.’ Mix it up a bit! It’s your game. You can do whatever you like!
Questions About The Relationship
We’re over half way through now, so section three of the couples question game is all about the relationship!
- What are some of your favourite memories of us?
- If you could change one thing about the relationship, what would it be?
- If our relationship was like a movie, which one would it be? (Think of some of the best romcoms!)
- When did you first know that you had feelings for me?
- Who do you think fell in love first, you or I?
- What’s your favourite time of the day to be intimate?
- Do you have a sexual fantasy? One thing you’d love us to do?
- Do you think we share the same values and morals?
- How about attachment styles – do you think we have the same one in the relationship?
- Do you think we have more similarities or more differences? And which is more important?
- If you could have only kisses OR cuddles for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- What would be your idea of our ‘happily ever after…’? Your dream for where you see us going?
- (Fun one, no pressure…) What would be your favourite male and female baby names?
- Do you think we’d still last if we had a long distance relationship? Say we lived in different cities/ counties / countries? And if yes, how would you make it survive?
- Have you ever doubted how much I love you? And if so, when / why?
- If we could be like one celebrity couple, who would you pick? #CoupleGoals
- What’s your most embarrassing memory of us?
- What are three things you’d love us to do together?
- What do you wish we’d make more time for?
- Do you think we spend too much time together or too little?
- If we looked a different way do you think we’d still be together today?
- What’s one thing you think would make our relationship stronger?
- What would you say is the biggest challenge we’ve gotten through as a couple?
- What do you think we can take for granted about the other person?
- How do you think we’ve changed both as individuals and as a couple, since we first got together? (For better and for worse!)
Questions About Love
Last but not least, we’re made it onto section four – the final stage of the couples question game. Woohoo – that’s a hell of a lot of questions you’ve got through! For this bit, we’re going to ask general questions about love and relationships. This is -arguably- the most interesting category yet, as it really explores your partners views against your own.
- How do you know when you’re in love?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Is there such a thing as ‘soul mates’?
- What’s your views on marriage?
- Why do you think divorce rates are so high?
- Do you think people change when they’re in a relationship? For better or for worse? And in what ways?
- Do you believe that star signs hold any value to compatibility in a relationship?
- What is the most important type of love?
- Do you think ex’s can be friends?
- What do you think is the best thing about being in a relationship?
- What’s one thing that scares you about love?
- Why do you think people fall out of love? And do you think that means they’re not truly compatible?
- What would you class as cheating?
- How do you think trust can be rebuilt once it’s broken?
- What’s worse, an emotional affair or a physical one?
- If your friends / family didn’t approve of me and our relationship, would you still be with me?
- Do you think people should change themselves for their partner?
- If you had unlimited money, how would you create the most romantic date?
- What are the top three things that make a relationship healthy?
- Would you rather have extraordinary love that doesn’t last forever, or ordinary love that does?
- Do you think sex is better for the physical connection or emotional connection?
- Do you think it matters if one person earns more than the other in a relationship? And how can this cause problems, looking at it from both situations and both sides?
- Do you believe in karma?
- Do you think it’s difficult to trust others / people should be wary?
- Would you …enter a crazy scenario here… for love?
So there we have it… 100 or 200 questions (depending on how you play) for your Couples Question Game. Liked this? Check out these Different Home Date Night Ideas. Be sure to also subscribe below for more relationship tips, inspiration and advice, to make you guys stronger than ever. All the best!