Looking for dating affirmations? Positive affirmations for dating, to shift the way you think and feel? Then you’ve come to the right place. Here’s 145 uplifting dating affirmations – plus, how to use them. We’ll also guide you on how to create your own affirmations for dating as they really are a powerful tool. So let’s get stuck in, shall we?
What Are Dating Affirmations?
So first up, before we get into our affirmations for dating, you may be wondering what a dating affirmation actually is.
Well, essentially, affirmations are short, powerful statements or phrases that are repeated, consistently, to help you foster particular beliefs or challenge negative / unhelpful thoughts.
Dating affirmations are therefore statements about or relating to, your dating life – aiming to shift the way you think and feel about it.
Do Dating Affirmations Actually Work?
Now you may think, “just saying something doesn’t make it true!” and this is true.
However, we touched on this when exploring the positive effects of breakup affirmations and so will repeat the same thing here…
Affirmations are still incredibly powerful – and that’s something that’s proved by science.
See, a study published in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience (1) used MRI to reveal that:
“practising self-affirmation activates the reward centres in your brain.”
And sure, saying, “I love dating” may not automatically actually make you genuinely THINK and FEEL that way. That’s not what makes it true.
But (and this is a big but!) – it will light up the same reward system in your brain, that would be triggered if you DID genuinely enjoy dating.
See, ultimately, affirmations fire up your neural pathways and makes changes to the areas of the brain that make you happy and positive…
And when you’re in that state, you’re able to better do the things you need to do, or shift your mindset around something so that you can properly and fully, give dating your best shot… Without letting past hurt or baggage, hold you back.
(Hence why dating affirmations are such a great tool!)
How To Create Your Own Dating Affirmations
Now, we’re about to run through 145 uplifting dating affirmations for you in just a moment.
But the most powerful ones – are the ones you come up with yourself… As these will resonate the closest and deepest with you.
So, when it comes to how to create your own dating affirmations, you want to:
- Know what you want to achieve – what your relationship vision is, and what you want to work towards.
- Understand your current negative / limiting beliefs that may be holding you back.
- Recognise the OUTLOOK you want to have going into this.
- Know the things you want / need to remind yourself when it comes to dating and meeting someone new.
Then from there, you can pull it all together, coming up with short, snappy, powerful statements that you will repeat.
How To Use Dating Affirmations
Once you have your dating affirmations, when it comes to when or how to use them, it’s really quite simple… It’s also very flexible too. So you might want to:
1) Read your dating affirmations every morning when you wake up.
2) Read your dating affirmations every night before you go to bed.
3) Use your dating affirmations to change your state / mood, as and when you need.
The easiest way to do this is to save them on your “notes” tab on your phone, then get into the habit of reading them when you need a little boost!
So maybe your first date nerves are setting in and you need a little encouragement. Or perhaps you’re getting in your head about a guy who’s still on dating apps, and you don’t know what to do or how to act.
By repeating your dating affirmations, it reminds you of the things that are important and calms you down in the moments that you need.
As time goes on, they’ll be better embedded in your mind, more naturally, and come to you more naturally too… Without you having to consciously think about reciting them.
145 (Uplifting!) Dating Affirmations for 2023
So without further ado, let’s get into these dating affirmation recommendations – to get the inspiration flowing, shall we?
Remember – you want to read these, then make a note of any that you like, want to take, or want to tweak. So you might want to remind yourself that…
1) Today is going to be a good day.
2) I will attract the love I deserve.
3) I will not settle for less than I deserve.
4) This is an exciting chapter of my life.
5) I’m going to embrace everything that comes my way.
6) My attitude is everything.
7) I am worthy of love and respect.
8) The right person will always come into my life, and stay.
9) The right person for me is out there.
10) I am doing all I can to find love.
11) I know the kind of love I want and deserve… And will find it.
12) I know my worth and my value.
13) I’m already writing my love story, right now, in this very moment.
14) You never know who’s around the corner.
15) My “soul mate” is searching for me too.
Let’s Keep Them Coming…
16) Everything happens at the right time, for the right reason.
17) I will continue to work on being the best version of me, that I can be.
18) I am open to love and new connections.
19) Patience is everything.
20) I trust that I will find the right person at the right time.
21) I know that my dream partner may be different to who I envision.
22) I’m open-minded when dating. And that is what will lead me to love.
23) There is someone out there who will love me for everything and all that I am.
24) My standards and expectations are not unrealistic.
25) I know that I will find “my person.”
26) The wait will always be worth it.
27) I am loved, and surrounded by loved.
28) There are so many things to be grateful for in my life.
29) I know that I have a lot to offer.
30) I am strong, powerful and confident.
Powerful Dating Affirmations
31) I’m willing to drop my guard and let people in.
32) I can protect my heart, without shutting people out.
33) I’m willing to be vulnerable and know that vulnerability is strength.
34) I’m embracing everything that comes my way.
35) I value the people that I meet.
36) I’m living my best life.
37) I will not allow my pain of the past, to affect my future.
38) I will not paint everyone with the same brush.
39) Dating is EXCITING!
40) Dating is FUN!
41) This is a great time of my life.
42) I trust my judgement and will go with my gut.
43) Each person I date is teaching me something new.
44) Each person I date is taking me one step closer to finding “the one.”
45) This is all just part of my story.
Let’s Keep Them Coming…
46) This is a key personal development stage for me.
47) The more I love myself, the more someone is able to love me.
48) I look amazing and I feel amazing.
49) I am beautiful… Both on the inside AND the out.
50) I should never doubt myself and have no reason to doubt myself.
51) I am more than enough. And have always been enough.
52) I don’t need to be perfect, I just need to be me.
53) I’m going to get to know this person properly & give them a fair chance.
54) I am more than my body or my looks.
55) I will build the relationship I aspire.
56) I’m looking for the right person to enhance my life, as opposed to complete me.
57) I am full and whole, just as I am.
58) I don’t need anyone to fix me. I’m just excited for the right person to find me.
59) I will go into this confidently, with my head held high.
Positive Dating Affirmations
60) Rejection is nothing personal. It’s all simply part of this.
61) I will not fear rejection.
62) I will not fear heartbreak. It will not have a hold over me.
63) Anyone would be lucky to receive my love.
64) Everyone is teaching me something new about myself.
65) I will let go of worrying about what my date thinks about me.
66) I don’t need to pretend to be someone I’m not.
67) I’m a catch – just the way that I am.
68) I know my boundaries and will stick to them.
69) I will not waste my time on the wrong people.
70) I’m grateful for every single one of these experiences.
71) I’m a great date and we’re both going to enjoy this!
72) I do myself proud, each and every day.
73) I am clear on how to communicate my needs.
74) My only goal of this date – is to get out there and enjoy myself!
75) I’m not afraid to show who I really am.
Let’s Keep Them Coming…
76) I’m excited by everything that could happen by here.
77) I will enjoy the process of finding someone and not just rush to get to the “end destination.”
78) I appreciate and value the people that I meet.
79) Every new experience is a step in the right direction.
80) It doesn’t matter how long it takes to find my soul mate.
81) I’m full of amazing stories and really to make more!
82) I am deserving of a heart-pounding, soul-expanding, breath-limiting kind of love!
83) I am confident in what my heart desires.
84) I’m READY for love!
85) I know I’m looking for the right things for the right reasons.
86) The next person I get into a relationship with, is going to be “the one!”
87) I’m committed to being the best version of me, so that I can find the right person for me.
88) Step by step, I’m getting closer to the things I want.
89) I am in control of my life and mind.
90) It’s okay if it’s not right.
Uplifting Dating Affirmations
91) I will not put any pressure on this.
92) This isn’t completely out of my control.
93) I’m not just patient, but proactive.
94) I’m doing all of the right things to attract the love that I deserve.
95) I am grateful for the opportunity every date brings.
96) I’m full of love and have so much love to give.
97) I will give my love freely, but only fully to the right person.
98) I’m already protecting my heart, whilst allowing it to be open.
99) I know what I want and I know that I will get it.
100) There’s a difference between wanting and needing.
101) I don’t NEED a relationship, I just know I’m ready for one now.
102) Being me is what makes me the most beautiful.
103) I have the confidence to be myself, completely.
104) We all deserve to be treated the right way.
105) I am a loveable person.
Let’s Keep Them Coming…
106) Each and every day, I’m building myself up and up.
107) This isn’t an impossible search. The right person is out there.
108) All of this time and effort I’m investing, is worth it.
109) I’m connecting with people on new levels.
110) Stepping outside my comfort zone is a good thing.
111) I will not get too “stuck” in my type.
112) There is someone AMAZING out there for me!
113) I will have the future I envision.
114) I will have the family that I want.
115) I’m good enough, strong enough, smart enough & beautiful enough, for anyone.
116) I have the confidence and courage to walk away from those who are not right.
117) I will not waste time with the wrong people.
118) He may not be the one, but he can still be a great addition to my life.
119) Some of the best friendships can come from dating experiences.
120) I’m finding more and more, quality people in my life.
Positive Dating Affirmations
121) I ENJOY dating!
122) I’m not afraid to date.
123) I won’t compromise on my own happiness.
124) I believe in my “perfect” future.
125) I’m intentional and selective, because I know my own worth.
126) I know who I am and what I want.
127) I’m perfectly imperfect and love everything that makes me, me.
128) I will not settle and know that my future partner will not either.
129) Like attracts like.
130) The kind of love I know I want in my life, is well worth pursuing.
131) The right relationship will come easily. I won’t have to push for it.
132) I’m going to find someone who likes me, just as much as I like them.
133) When I meet the right person – I won’t have to doubt how much I mean to them.
134) The right person will make me feel safe, secure and loved.
135) My relationship status does not determine my worth.
Final Affirmations For Dating…
136) I do not depend on relationships for my happiness.
137) I’m happy with or without a partner.
138) I do not make my choices, based on the fear of being alone.
139) I will not do anything that I don’t want to.
140) Dating is just one part of my full, happy life.
141) It’s ok to be nervous. My date is probably nervous too.
142) Each date teaches me what I do and don’t want in a partner.
143) Not everyone will like me… And that’s okay.
144) The world actually really is, full of wonderful people.
145) All the love I want in my life, is already mine.
That’s All For This One
So there we have it – 145 dating affirmations, why they work, how to use them, plus – how to create your own.
Remember: mindset matters. And it really does make a difference! So be sure to not just read this, but put it into practice. Starting… NOW!
Found this valuable? Looking for more things to up your dating game?
Then keep the momentum going, by bobbing over to this article next…
The right person is out there, I promise you. And you will find them at the right time. When you do? It will be oh so worth it. Trust me!
Good luck. Take care.