Looking for different hobbies for women in their 20’s? Want to start something new? Find a passion? Spend your free time doing something that you enjoy, and that’s good for you? You’re just unsure on what exactly to do? Then, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s 125+ different hobbies for women in their 20’s, to – well and truly – fill you with all the ideas and inspiration you need!
Why You Should Get a Hobby In Your 20’s
Having hobbies at any age is important, but especially so in your 20’s when you’re still learning, growing and “finding your feet.”
Hobbies are incredible for your personal growth. They’re also fun and enable you to make the most of your life, before you get (even more!) commitments!
When it comes to your love life, having hobbies if you’re:
- Single: helps you to become happily single, independent and really enjoying your life!
- Dating: gives you different interests which makes you more interesting and attractive as a person. It also gives you more opportunities to meet people, through the things that you do and love.
- In a Relationship: gives your relationship space to breath and keeps you having your own interests which makes the relationship healthier and happier!
Different Types of Hobbies For Women In Their 20’s
Now, with this list of hobbies for women in their twenties, I’ve broken it down to look at hobbies that are: relaxing, exciting, good for your wellbeing, help you grow in confidence and ones that are, well, plain and simply – darn good fun!
How To Use This List
Have a read of our suggestions; go through each hobby, one by one, and jot down any that stand out to you, intrigue you, or which you want to look into more.
Take your time. Read through this list a couple of times if you need. Then at the end, go back through the ones you’ve made a note of. Ask yourself:
- Why would I be interested in doing this?
- How would / could it be good for me?
- Where / when / how could I get into this hobby?
- When shall / will I start?
Because that’s the thing – you want to try as many different hobbies as you can, to see what you enjoy. You’re simply starting them, giving them a chance, giving them a go.
It doesn’t matter if you try a new hobby and don’t like it or don’t want to stick with it. The most important thing is that you give it a good go, with an open mind.
You may end up trying just 1 of these hobbies; or all 150+ (imagine that!) Either way, the primary goal is to find something – or multiple things – that you genuinely enjoy. So let’s get stuck in, shall we?
125+ Different Hobbies For Women In Their 20’s
In no particular order, here’s 125+ different hobbies for women in their 20’s.
Please Note: Of course, these hobbies are not JUST for women, and you can still try them at any age, so never be shy to give them a go!
Relaxing Hobbies For Women
So let’s start off with some relaxing hobbies for women. These are great if you want to de-stress in your free time and focus on your mental wellbeing. So you may like to try things like:
1) Yoga / Pilates
2) Meditation / Mindfulness Practice (Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it!)
3) Colouring (for adults!)
4) Bird Watching (Because nothing beats being out in nature!)
6) Fishing (And I know what you’re thinking, but no – fishing is not just for old men!)
7) Playing Golf
8) Journalling (This is more therapeutic than anything else but I highly recommend it. Especially if you’re striving to become mentally strong & emotionally stable.)
9) Reading (On that note – Book Club’s are pretty brilliant, and get you mixing with like-minded people too. Uh huh, you don’t have to just read on your own!)
10) Crossword Puzzles
11) Jigsaw Puzzles
Rewarding Hobbies For Women In Their 20’s
Next up, let’s look at hobbies for women in their 20’s if you’re a BOSS BABE (or an aspiring one!) See, some great ways to spend your free time, include:
12) Setting up / running a side hustle business. (Not only is it a great way to spend your free time, but a great thing to do NOW. Build your empire babes!)
13) Investing (Likewise – investing in your 20’s earns you hundreds of thousands more compared to if you were to wait until your 30’s so the time to get into that is, equally, NOW! Learn then start to invest little and often. That’s what it’s all about!)
14) Property Renovating (Another great thing to put your time into!)
15) Blogging (Something I can personally vouch for, of course! In fact, this site started as a hobby blog for me and rapidly grew into my full-time income, earning me even more than I earned with my last company before!)
18) Write a Book (Or multiple!)
19) Buy & Sell (So for this, focus on buying things at a good price, and either adding value, or finding opportunities to re-sell them for more. It’s a great way to make a little extra money and can be pretty fun if you turn it into a hobby too!)
20) Learning about… Business / Psychology / A Particular Skill / Topic. Swot up!
22) Fundraising (See how much you can raise in a year!)
Hobbies To Increase Your Confidence
Now, doing things that make you feel good and accomplished, undeniably, help to increase your confidence. But what other hobbies are there, that help with this too? Well…
23) Burlesque (This is brilliant for building body confidence & feeling happy with how you look! Likewise…)
24) Pole Dancing / Pole Fitness
25) Learn to dance (Any style you like – there’s plenty of different ones to give a go! From street dancing to salsa. Take your pick!)
26) Learn different dance routines. (Following ready-made choreography or choreographing your own!)
27) Singing (Through singing lessons if you need.)
28) Acting / Drama / Improv Classes
29) Performing (Once you find what you’re good at, you can then perform just for fun!)
30) Stand Up Comedy (This will push most people FAR out of their comfort zone, but if you can go for it and even go on to master it – it will work MAGIC for your confidence!)
31) Public Speaking (Interested in this? Then look at the global non-profit for public speaking events – Toastmasters. You simply go along and talk about anything you like!)
Active Hobbies For Women In Their 20’s
Now the list of different active hobbies for women in their 20’s, is pretty endless. There are so many sports or activities you could try in your free time. But a few of our favourites include:
33) Weight Lifting
34) BodyPump (Which is the fun version of weight lifting and incorporates fun music, lots of motivation and cardio too!)
35) Tennis / Badminton (Whether you play in singles or doubles.)
37) Kickboxing (You’ll be sure that no-one will “mess with you” after taking this hobby up, hey?!)
38) Martial Arts / Self-Defence
41) Rollar Blading (This hobby is growing in popularity with more and more venues and events cropping up every day!)
42) Ice Skating
43) Cycling / Spinning
44) Team Sports (E.G. cricket, rounders etc. All of these make as great hobbies for women in their twenties as team sports is brilliant for bonding / socialising too.)
Creative Hobbies For Women
Let’s throw some creativity into the mix, when it comes to hobbies for women in their twenties. Why not give one of the following a go?!
47) Digital Illustrating
48) Calligraphy (Ever wanted to know how to do fancy writing? Well now you can, if you give this hobby a go!)
49) Scrapbooking (There’s plenty of different scrapbooks you can make – from personal memories to memories with a partner. You can then put this into practice, creating a cute scrapbook for your loved one as a sweet, romantic gesture. How lovely!)
52) Creative Writing (which comes in many different forms!)
53) Write poetry
54) Learn a New Language
55) Make Music
Adventurous Hobbies For Women In Their 20’s
We’ve nearly reached the half-way point and are flying through our this list of hobbies for women in their 20’s. The thing is, if you can’t be a little bit adventurous in your twenties – when can you?! So let’s step it up a notch, shall we? Consider:
56) Travel (Big trips. Small trips. Focus on seeing and experiencing as much as you can, when you can!)
57) Camping (There’s nothing wrong with “roughing it” a little, when you’re young. It’s good for you, and also makes the travel suggestion more affordable in many cases!)
58) Hiking (Taking on different adventure challenges.)
60) Dog Walking (or Cat Walking – it is a thing! We do this with our little Maine Coon Kitten.)
61) Running (Again, leading to running races / challenges if you enjoy it!)
62) Assault Courses / Fitness Challenges (Which ones will you take on?)
63) Dodge Ball
65) Rock Climbing
66) Skiing / Snowboarding (Indoor snow slopes make it possible for you to keep this up as a hobby all-year round too!)
67) Kayaking / Canoeing
69) Paddle Boarding
Interesting Hobbies For Women In Their 20’s
There really are different types of hobbies, for everyone. I mean, why not look at:
71) Play Chess
72) Play Board Games
73) Get Into Quizzes
74) Watch Movies (And review them!)
75) Learn Magic Tricks!
76) Learn an Instrument
77) Become a Restaurant “Connoisseur!” (It sounds fancy but it just means checking out different restaurants in your free time, trying different things and seeing what you rate the highest!)
78) Become a Theatre Fanatic (Work your way through watching the many, fabulous and fun, theatre shows!)
79) Play Video Games
80) Get Into Coaching (This could be anything from personal coaching, specialist coaching – like we offer here at Forgetting Fairytales – or sports coaching. Netball coach for kids, anyone?)
81) Collect Something
82) Study as a Hobby! (Choosing something that genuinely interests you, of course!)
84) Get an Allotment (Grow your own fruit / veg!)
85) Photography (I personally love this!)
87) Style / Fashion / Shopping!
88) Beauty Pageants
Fun Hobbies You Have To Try!
89) Cooking (Because no, it doesn’t have to feel like a chore!)
90) Baking (And the best part with this hobby, is you then get to eat whatever you make too. Nom, nom, nom. What a treat!)
91) Cake Decorating
92) Mixology / Cocktail Making! (See what cocktails you can master, and which ones you can invent yourself too!)
93) Horse Riding
95) Bowling (This makes for a great date idea, but is also something you can turn into a hobby – going regularly and even competing in leagues!)
96) Pool / Snooker (Give those guys a run for their money! Similarly…)
98) Table Tennis
(More!) Creative Hobbies For Women
101) Cross Stitching
102) Knitting (Now I know what you’re thinking, I’m looking for hobbies for women in their 20’s… Not 90’s! But again – don’t discount it straight away. Knitting actually makes for a sweet & relaxing hobby, at any age. And you won’t know if you like it, until you give it a go!)
104) Candle Making
105) Florestry / Floral Arrangements
106) Flower Pressing (Something totally different, but well worth looking into!)
107) Macrame (Google it! I guarantee you’ll recognise the “designs”, you just may not have known this is what the process is called. Again, it’s a very unique yet enjoyable hobby – even in your 20’s!)
109) DIY Craft Projects (You’ll never be short of ones to choose from with this!)
110) UpCycling (Which also has the feel-good factor of being good for the planet too!)
111) Jewellery Making
112) T-Shirt Making
113) Graphic Design (Many creative careers can also make for great hobbies if you enjoy them… Not to mention being great skills for you to have!)
114) Interior Decorating
Different Hobbies For Women In Their 20’s
Let’s finish off with some different hobbies for women in their 20’s now then. Here’s some that you may not have thought of before…
115) Wine Making / Gin Making / Beer Brewing
116) Astronomy (It’s all about the STARS!)
117) Astrology (This is a popular hobby for women and is more about “the study of the movements and relative positions of celestial bodies interpreted as having an influence on human affairs and the natural world.” This leads me onto my next hobby idea…)
118) Tarot Reading
119) Costumes & Cosplay (Love getting dressed up for Halloween? Then did you know this doesn’t have to be a “once a year” thing? Cosplay makes it a year-round thing! Similarly…)
120) Doing Hair / Makeup / Nails (If you enjoy any of these things, you can do it as a hobby to get really good at it. There’s plenty you can do and create when it comes to beauty!)
121) Become a BOSS Pet-Parent (Since getting our little Maine Coon Kitten, I’ve immersed myself in exactly that and I couldn’t recommend it more. After all, you get out what you put in, which means becoming the best pet-parent is one of the most rewarding hobbies of them all! Here, check out my Youtube channel to see what I’ve been getting up to with our kitten in my free time!)
122) Farming (Got a farm? Or fancy a job on one? Then this is a great hobby for animal lovers! It also gets you involved with the great farming community that exists!)
123) Aromatherapy (Aromatherapy can be a pleasant hobby that helps alleviate stress, slows down our hectic pace of life, and offers a pleasant environment in which to live and breathe!)
124) Hoola Hooping (Uh huh, bet you didn’t expect this one. Seems random? But it is still a fun and – surprisingly popular – hobby for women in their 20’s!)
125) Event Planning / Organise Socials with Friends (Last but not least then, make sure you’re spending your free time, doing different things with friends. A great way to ensure this – is to take control of the organising. And, if you enjoy it, you can even create your own Meet-Up / Social Group. That will pack out your calendar like no-tomorrow, which could be just what you need!)
That’s All For This One
So there we have it – 125+ different hobbies for women in their 20’s, to get the inspiration flowing.
Which hobby ideas did you like the sound of? Which ones stood out to you, or excited you? And most importantly – which hobby are you going to try next?
Whatever you go for, go into it with confidence, and remember – it’s totally okay to be new at something. It’s also perfectly normal for it to take a little time for you to “find your thing” too!
Just stick with it and see what you enjoy, as it will always be worth it.
Hobbies enhance your life and benefit you in many different ways. It’s as plain and simple as that! So good luck on your search, my friends. And have fun!