Are you ready for a relationship? Or do you need more time being single? Whether you’re seeing someone right now or not, we’re going to get to the bottom of things to see where you’re really at. So first up, have a go at our free quiz. Let’s see what that has to say about you…
Are You Ready For A Relationship? (Quiz)
How did you get on? Were your results a big fat YES, NO, or MAYBE?! And what does that mean for you now? Well, let’s explore things a little further.
How Do You Know If You’re Ready For A Relationship?
You can be ready for a relationship, but may not have found the right person just yet. Or you can be “seeing” people, but so not ready. It’s complicated, I know. But it’s important to get clear on how you feel, and whether you’re being drawn to someone for the wrong reasons.
As a little tick-list, if you like, to knowing you’re ready for a relationship, you want to:
- Make sure you’re not rebounding. You need to be fully over your ex.
- Have dealt with your past issues (e.g. trust issues) or any hurt (e.g. moving on from being cheated on). This is important as you don’t want to be carrying any of this into a new relationship.
- Feel in a strong place mentally and emotionally.
- Know that you aren’t looking for someone to ‘save’ you or ‘complete’ you.
- Be happy in your own life, where you’re at and the things you have – so a relationship would simply complement that. It’s a want, not a need.
- Have been able to enjoy being single… You need to be able to be happy alone, before you move onto being happy with someone else. Independence is key to successful relationships!
- Be prepared to put in the hard work. Relationships aren’t easy and you shouldn’t get into them lightheartedly, because you will face challenges and you can’t just walk away when things are anything less than ideal. You therefore need to have a bit of maturity.
- Get clear on what exactly you do and don’t want in a partner – and what are the most important things to you.
- Understand that no-one is perfect. You can’t shape someone into who you want them to be. If you’re getting into a relationship with them, you need to accept them for who they are.
- Know your personal boundaries and what you will and won’t tolerate.
- Know your value and self-worth. We don’t want anyone being able to walk all over you!
- Be willing to commit to just one person, and want to do that.
- Have learnt from any past mistakes you’ve made in a relationship and be looking to GIVE in a relationship, just as much as what you want to GAIN from one.
- Know what you want in life. If you’re getting into a relationship – don’t do it for the sake of it. The chances are if you’re on this blog, you want something meaningful and long-lasting… which is great. Just make sure you’re ready for it. Because there’s no rush really!
- Last but not least… GET EXCITED about it!
So What’s The Verdict?
Are you ready for a relationship? What do you think?
If you’ve found someone you click with, you’ve been taking things slowly and are finally ready to move things forward with confidence and clarity – I am so happy and excited for you. If you’ve done all the groundwork and you’re now in a great place, I also can’t wait to see who you attract and meet! You’ve done things the right way, and I’m so proud of you for that!
If you’re not quite there yet, don’t worry, I can completely relate. I spoke about that in my second Love Diary for: I’m Not Ready For a Relationship Just Yet, But That’s Okay. Click here to have a read. You’re not the only one, you see? And it isn’t always for negative reasons – sometimes you’re just enjoying living life on your terms for a little while longer, which is awesome too.
Life is all about what you make it. So wherever you’re currently at – embrace it! Take care.