Whether you’re single, or just working on your self-confidence, here’s 125 beautifully brilliant self love captions for Instagram – to share in your future posts. Use these to get across important messages or better express how you feel. See, self-love – it’s fundamental. And actually – it’s something we should all speak up about more. So without further ado, let’s get stuck in, shall we?
How To Use Self Love Captions For Instagram
Listed below are a mix of original self love captions, and some of the very best self love quotes for Instagram – giving you plenty to choose from.
Have a read, see which ones resonate with you, tweak them if you like / need and then use them in your instagram captions.
The photos that match should be ones of you – after all, self-love is all about you. And you 100% should feel confident about the way that you look, too!
However, if you’re feeling shy, or want the message to hit home a little harder, you can also turn them into picture quotes to simply focus on the text itself.
Why Share Self Love Quotes on Instagram
What many people don’t realise is that, self-love is the gift that keeps on giving.
Speaking up about self-love, as we mentioned, is therefore actually pretty important. It raises awareness of self-love and spreads positive female empowerment.
It’s also further embedding the right messages in YOUR mind, and can spark off conversation with the people who care about you (plus strangers who can relate too!)
This means that, all around, sharing self love quotes on Instagram is never a bad idea – especially when they’re positive ones like the below, and you genuinely feel what you’re writing!
Feel like it’s a little daunting? Then set yourself the challenge to share more self-love messages on socials, as part of your very own self-love challenge. Turn it into something fun!
So shall we start to get the inspiration flowing? I think so…
125 Self Love Captions For Instagram
Here we have it then – our top 125 self love captions for Instagram. Let’s go, go, go!
1) I was born to be real, not to be perfect 🌟 #SelfAcceptance
2) My journey to self-love is a long (and actually pretty challenging!) one, but I won’t give up, I’ll keep pushing. I know that I am enough, I know that I am worthy, and I know that I deserve to feel that way too.
3) I may not be perfect, but actually… I don’t need to be. I simply need to love myself and accept myself, for everything and all that I am. #Amen
4) The older I get, the more I understand the under-rated value and importance of loving yourself – truly and completely. Only once you’ve done that, can you truly give your whole heart to someone else.
5) The unconditional love I give to those closest to me – I’m giving to myself. I am enough. I am worthy. And so is each and every one of you, too. #SelfLove #Preach
6) Just here… Making peace with my broken pieces. Accepting myself for everything and all that I am ❤️
7) Self love is about nurturing your mind, body and soul; embracing experiences that shape you; looking in the mirror and knowing you are worthy, you are capable and you are beautiful – just the way that you are ❤️ (Psst… this one works great with a mirror selfie picture!)
Let’s Keep Them Coming…
8) Sometimes you’ve just got to feel the love you never received, but know that you deserved ❤️ #SelfLove
9) And that’s when I knew… I was enough. I have always been enough.
10) I used to look for someone to inspire me, motivate, support me. Someone who would love me, cherish me and make me truly happy. The truth is, I realised that person was there all along. That person I was looking for is myself. #BeYourOwnRock #MakeYourOwnHappiness
11) I feel the change… It’s happening, within me. It’s called #SelfLove and makes a person UNSTOPPABLE!
12) Not everyone will “get” you, and that’s perfectly fine. You’re not here to please anyone else, you’re here to be yourself. So hold your head up high, girl, and embrace your authenticity! ❤️
13) Being loved by others is truly beautiful, but self-love – that’s completely and utterly priceless!
14) … And that’s when I learnt: I need only me, to complete me ❤️
15) A better me is coming. I can feel it. It’s already happening. But right now, as a “work in progress? That’s okay too. #SelfAcceptance #PersonalGrowth
16) This is just the way I am. Like me or hate me, but I will always choose to love me.
Self Love Quotes For Instagram
17) The journey isn’t about becoming a different person. It’s about loving who you are right now. – Suzanne Heyn
18) Self-respect, self-worth and self-love, all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for your value. – Rob Liano
19) “You have what it takes. You are strong enough, you are brave enough, you are capable enough. And you are definitely worthy enough. It’s time to stop thinking otherwise and start believing in yourself, because no one else has the dreams that you have, no-one else sees the world exactly like you do, and no-one else holds the same magic inside. It’s time to start believing in the power of yourself and your dreams, my beautiful friend. Not next year, not next month, not tomorrow, but now. You are ready. You are enough.” – Nikki Banas (Psst… This is a great motivational self love caption for Instagram if you’re sharing about a new chapter you’re embarking on!)
20) Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself… – Coco Chanel
21) Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself. That’s when you’re the most beautiful. – Zoe Fravitz
22) To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness. – Robert Morley
24) Stop trying to impress people. Impress yourself. Stretch yourself. Test yourself. Be the best version of you that you can be. – Vex King
24) In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you. – Andrea Dykstra
25) The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely. – C. G. Jung
Let’s Keep Them Coming…
We’ve hit the quarter mark! Which self love quotes for Instagram are proving to be your favourite?
26) Never forget, “We accept the love we think we deserve…” – Stephen Chbosky [Psst! Click Here For a Full Explanation Of This]
27) You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
28) I learned a long time ago, that the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side. – Dr Maya Angelou
29) Love yourself, bless yourself and you’ll fill your life with miracles! – Nitin Namdeo
30) “Self-love is actually the source of every other love. It all starts and comes from you.”
31) Our entire life… consists ultimately in accepting ourselves as we are. – Jean Anouih
32) The absence of self-love can never be replaced with the presence of people’s love for you. – Edmond Mbiaka
33) How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you. Remember that.” — Rupi Kaur
34) Protecting your mind, body, and spirit from negativity is a sign of self-love. – Nitin Namdeo
35) To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. – Thich Nhat Hanh
36) You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress. – Sophia Bush
37) As Beyonce once said (the Queen herself!), “If there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself…”
Self Love Captions For Instagram
38) I know what I bring to the table, so trust me when I say – I’m not afraid to eat alone.
39) The second you know yourself, you have known the most valuable thing in existence.
40) Changing your thoughts, changes your life – it’s as simple as that! 💯
41) When you change things inside you, things change around you. Self-love really is the most powerful thing.
42) I’ve finally reached the point in my life where I love myself enough to set boundaries. Our time and energy – it’s the most precious thing in the world! Which is why I’m no longer willing to waste that on people who do not see me, value me and appreciate me. #NoOneShould
43) No longer will I allows others to be my priority, when I am just my option. I know my worth, and I know I am better than that. #SelfLove #IAmWorthy
44) “Your greatest responsibility is to know who you are and what you can do.“
45) Self-esteem means knowing that you are the dream… Or pretty close to one anyway! 😉
46) Every day I’m building myself up, and believing in myself a little more. It’s baby steps, but that’s okay – because it’s still always steps forward. The end destination? True self-love.
47) Reminder: Be just as kind to yourself, as you are to others. Speak to yourself, as you would your best friend.
48) Be the reason for your own happiness. You have it all there, within you. 💯
49) Not everyone will “get you”, but actually – that’s perfectly fine.
50) Being in love with yourself is the most beautiful thing.
Self Love Caption For Instagram: Challenge
When working out your self love caption for Instagram, ask yourself: how exactly do I feel here, and what am I trying to get across? Grab a diary and get your thoughts on paper, then – from that – pick out a sentence or two that you can use. This means it’s then completely coming from you!
Recommended Read: 5 Powerful Health Benefits of Journalling (Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it!)
Self Love Quotes For Instagram
51) “You were born to be real, not to be perfect,”
52) “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” ❤️
53) There will always be someone who can’t see your worth… but that’s okay. As long as it’s not you.
54) What people say does not define me. Frankly, I define myself.
55) There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Instead, let others get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections. It’s more real. More true.
56) “If you’re searching for that one person who will change in your life, look in the mirror. It’s YOU. And has always been you. You’re the only person who’s truly in control over what you do and how you feel. Seize it.”
57) Remember: A flower doesn’t compete with the flower next to it. It just blooms. #SelfLoveIsEverything
58) Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want. You do. Stop doubting it.
59) “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress…” –Sophia Bush
60) The only person who gets to decide your worth is YOU!
61) She remembered who she was and the game changed. – Lalah Deliah
Let’s Keep Them Coming…
62) “This is my life… my story… my book. I will no longer let anyone else write it; nor will I apologize for the edits I make.” –Steve Maraboli
63) Remember: you’re allowed to remove people from your life if they’re not good for you, even if that hurts them. Sometimes you have to put yourself first and protect your inner peace…
64) “All love begins from within.”
65) “The value of self-care and self-love is often underestimated. It starts with you. You can’t give what you don’t have.” –Izey Victoria Odiase
66) Whatever makes your heart smile? You’ve got to do more of that. Why? Because you deserve all the happiness in your life AND MORE. Stop setting limits!
67) You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. –Buddha
68) To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness. –Robert Morley
69) If your compassion doesn’t include yourself, it is incomplete. –Jack Kornfield
70) You carry so much love to your heart- give some to yourself. –R.Z
71) Your soul will never be nourished by anyone’s love but your own. –Dominee
72) “It’s impossible to love fully and completely, until you know how to give that same love to yourself…” – Forgetting Fairytales
Love Captions For Instagram
73) When you love yourself first, everything else really does fall into line ❤️
74) The more you love yourself… the less nonsense you tolerate!
75) Through everything, I know – that I am more than my scars ❤️
76) My past does not define me and it certainly doesn’t influence my worth. It has simply shaped me into a stronger, wiser version of myself today. And for that – I am thankful.
77) Humble, but aware. I know my value. The question is – do you?
78) Regardless of how anyone else feels about me, I am going to choose to be happy and completely in love with… ME! Not just today, but every day. And that’s how I know I will never be alone. #SelfLoveComesFirst
79) One of the biggest lessons I have learnt is to love myself as much as I want to be loved.
80) Happiness is really quite simple. Protect your peace, get rid of toxicity, cleanse your space, and cultivate love.
81) Remember: you don’t need anyone else’s approval. Follow your own heart and mind with confidence. You’re the director of your own life, and you are more than worthy of that leading role.
82) And that’s when I knew, I am capable of amazing things ❤️
We’re Flying Through These Now…
83) You’ve got to own who you are. Stand tall, proud and confidently.
84) Remember: every moment is a fresh opportunity to become more and more like the person that you really want to be. You’re not stuck, fixed or static. You can keep building yourself, keep creating yourself, until finally you feel like a version of yourself that feels the most like the REAL YOU! #Preach #StepOutsideYourComfortZone
85) I’ve learnt, I’ve grown, I’ve changed. And slowly but surely, I’m becoming more and more like the version of myself that most feels like me. ❤️ #PersonalGrowth #SelfAcceptance
86) Happiness really is, an inside job.
87) “Don’t prove yourself, just improve yourself.” 💯
88) Take me as I am, or watch me as I go…
89) “As I began to love myself, I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today I know this is “authenticity.” – Charlie Chaplin
90) Everyone knows that an original is always so much better than a copy, so why are you trying to be anyone but yourself? #RealityCheck
91) “Be so completely yourself that everyone else feels safe to be themselves, too…”
Self Love Quotes For Instagram
92) “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures…”
93) You’re only hurting yourself by not loving yourself, and you’re stopping others from loving you as fully & completely as they could too. Self-love is essential, because true love needs that foundation from within. #Truth
94) Your biggest commitment must always be to yourself. 💯
95) Remember, you shouldn’t have to set yourself on fire in order to keep other people warm…
96) With time, I’ve realised – you’ve got to make yourself a priority once in a while. It’s not selfish. It’s necessary.
97) If you give yourself the same care & attention that you give to others, you really will watch yourself bloom.
98) Remember: no is a complete sentence. You don’t need to say anymore than that. Your life, your choices. Have confidence in that. #ItsAllAboutSelfLove
99) Loving yourself is actually one of the most attractive things. See your beauty inside, as it makes you more beautiful outside. #SelfLove #Appreciation
Let’s Keep Them Coming…
100) “Confidence is not walking into a room and thinking you are better than everyone else. It’s walking into a room and not having to compare yourself to anyone else in the first place.”
101) Love is the great miracle cure. Which is why loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. – Luis L. Hay
102) When you F.L.Y, you really do FLY! (First. Love. Yourself.)
103) People love you the way you love yourself. Remember that. – Nitin Namdeo
104) Loving yourself is not vanity. It is sanity. 💯 – Katrina Mayer
105) Be unapologetically yourself, as that’s the best and only thing you should ever be!
106) “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to change you is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
107) Remember – when people try to bring you down, it only means that you are above them. Don’t let the actions and opinions of others, influence the way that you feel about yourself.
108) You know what? It’s not your job to like me. It’s mine! However you think / feel, is actually far less of my concern.
Self Love Captions For Instagram
109) Stop looking for love so frantically that you forget where you can always find it… Within.
110) Be the reason for your own happiness! Give yourself the gift you give so many others!
111) “Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being the real me!”
112) Life is too short to waste any amount of time, wondering what other people think about you. What’s important is not other’s opinions of you, but the opinion you have of yourself.
113) Forget the filters. Forget the Instagram-perfect shots. The goal should be to look in the mirror every day, and see beauty – both internally and externally. Because girl, you must know – you’ve actually got it all. 💯
114) What are you waiting for? You are already worth it. Go after everything and all that you want! Live the kind of life that you truly deserve. Don’t hold yourself back!
115) Your greatest responsibility is to know who you are and what you can do. In fact… Know your worth… then add tax!
Onto The Last Ones…
116) Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do…
117) “Life tried to crush her, but only succeeded in creating a diamond.”
118) The entire universe deserve your love. You also deserve to experience it back.
119) “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop“ – Rumi
120) At some point you just have to decide: to be that woman you have always known you could be.
121) Your greatest responsibility is to love yourself and to know you are enough ❤️
122) “I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing I became to know who I really was…”
123) Our task is not to seek for love, but merely to look for barriers within ourselves, that we have built against it.
124) I’m accepting myself unconditionally, no matter what.
125) No-one is me, and THAT is my POWER! 💪
There We Have It!
So there we have it, 125 powerful self love captions for Instagram. Read them, feel them, believe them, and share them.
And remember – you can never actually fail at being yourself, so long as you stay true to you. So keep doing your thing!
Take care. Wishing you all the best.