Want to get to know your partner better? Looking for some fun ways to pass time together? Then you’ve come to the right place! Here’s 100 this or that questions for couples. The best this or that couple questions to discover exactly how well you know each other – and learn something new!
What Are This Or That Questions?
So before we jump in with our this or that questions for couples, let’s just take a step back. I mean, what are this or that questions? Never heard of them before? Well, really, they’re quite simple.
They’re just short, snappy questions, where one person is given the choice of two options and they have to pick which they prefer, or would choose in that situation.
Why Are These So Good?
This or That Questions are great for couples as they create conversation. They’re fun, light, but actually genuinely gets you getting to know your partner better… no matter how long you’ve been together!
You can ask them when you’re lounging around, ask them when you’re all snuggled up, and just take it in turns.
- Go for fast-paced – where you’re given 10 seconds to pick your answer and discuss after.
- Or, go slow-paced, in a more relaxed environment, where you discuss why you chose what.
Whatever you prefer – depending on what you’re playing it for and what kind of atmosphere you want to create!
This Or That Questions For Couples
For our this or that couple questions, we’re going to mix up different topics and categories for a nice mix. Simply read through the questions, one by one.
Want to turn it into more of a game? Then why not grab a whiteboard and guess what you think the other person will say? 1 point for every question you guess right, tally it up then swap it around.
Alternatively you can – again – use that whiteboard, but both answer the questions together, then turn them around to do a “big reveal” after each one, seeing where your similarities or differences lie.
Uh huh, there’s plenty you can do. So let’s give it a go! Here’s 125 of the best this or that questions for couples.
No matter how you use it, whether you turn it into a game or not, try to work your way through these this or that couple questions… and just see what you can discover!
125 This Or That Questions For Couples
1) Movies or books?
2) Reality shows or documentaries?
3) Board games or card games?
4) Singing or dancing?
5) Bath or shower?
6) Messy or tidy?
7) Painful truth or comforting lie?
8) Phone call or text message?
9) Instagram or Facebook?
10) TikTok or Youtube?
11) Photos or videos?
12) No TV or no social media?
13) Eat in bed, or food banished from bed?
14) Phone in the bathroom or no phone in the bathroom?
15) Sleep on back / front or sleep on side?
16) Sleep with a slit of light or sleep in complete darkness?
17) Socks or slippers?
18) Zip up hoodie or pull over hoodie?
19) Sauce on the side or sauce on top?
20) Take-away or meal in a restaurant?
21) Split the bill or take turns paying?
22) Share food or each have your own food?
23) Clean up as you cook or clean up at the end?
24) Thin crust or thick crust on pizza?
25) Sweet or savoury?
26) Fruit or veg?
27) Pepsi or coke?
28) Dark chocolate or white chocolate?
29) Sausage or bacon?
30) McDonalds or Burger King?
31) Smoothies or milkshakes?
This Or That Couples Questions
32) Muffins or cupcakes?
33) Tea or coffee?
34) Hot drinks or cold drinks?
35) Wine or cocktails?
36) Pub or bar?
37) Summer or winter?
38) Morning or night?
39) Snowball fight or sledding?
40) Run or gym?
41) Weights or cardio?
42) Countryside or city?
43) Beach or mountains?
44) Sunset or sunrise?
45) Hogwarts or Narnia?
46) Swim in the pool or swim in the sea?
47) Short hair or long hair?
48) Straight hair or curly hair?
49) Piercings or tattoos?
50) Lend money or borrow money?
51) Growth or security?
52) Money or love?
53) Make lots of money or make a huge impact on the word?
54) Marriage or career?
55) Career or travel?
56) See the future or change the past?
57) Be financially bankrupt or emotionally bankrupt?
58) Be skilled or popular?
59) Smart or sporty?
60) Snowball fight or water balloon fight?
61) Being too hot or too cold?
62) Ice cream or ice lolly?
63) Ice cream in a cone or in a cup?
Half Way Through…
64) Fake Christmas tree or real Christmas tree?
65) Newspaper or online news?
66) Computer games or video games?
67) Bad breath or body odour?
68) Coughing or sneezing?
69) Being crazy tall or crazy short?
70) Live music or live comedy?
71) Online shopping or in store shopping?
72) Working as a team or working alone?
73) Flat-mates or live alone?
74) Volunteer at a nursery or a retirement home?
75) Have the ability to talk to animals or become an animal?
76) Cats or dogs?
77) Adopt a puppy or adopt a baby?
78) Five children or no children?
79) Dream car or dream wedding?
80) Big family or small family?
81) Stay at home parent or breadwinner?
82) Fireplace or fire pit?
83) Planned trips or spontaneous trips?
84) Vacation or staycation?
85) Weekends or holidays?
86) Night in or night out?
87) Cruise or travel by plane?
88) Train or bus?
89) Convertible or mini van?
90) Work in the office or work from home?
91) Finish work early or start work late?
92) Theme park or water park?
93) Zoo or aquarium?
This Or That Couples Questions
94) Mini golf or bowling?
95) Christmas or birthdays?
96) New Years Eve or Valentines Day?
97) Experiences or physical presents?
98) Cute card or funny card?
99) Diet soda or regular soda?
100) Mild or spicy?
101) Sweet candy or sour candy?
102) Lunch or dinner?
103) Breakfast or no breakfast?
104) Happy songs or sad songs?
105) Save money or spend money?
106) Modern or antique?
107) Introvert or extrovert?
108) Give or receive?
109) Play it safe or take risks?
110) Skydive or bungee jump?
111) Loose the ability to see or to hear?
112) Be invisible or able to read minds?
113) Be a hero or a villain?
114) Have an adult’s mind in a Childs body or a child’s mind in an adults body?
115) Be born in the future or the past?
116) Be famous or an average person?
117) Famous online or in real life?
118) Money or free time?
119) Cremation or burial?
120) Personal chef or personal trainer?
121) Change personality or change looks?
122) Have perfect teeth or perfect hair?
123) Cheat on someone or be cheated on?
124) Be friend zoned or ghosted?
125) Cuddle in the morning or cuddle at night?
This Or That Questions For Couples
So there we have it- 125 this or that questions for couples, to get you started.
We also have 100 Cute Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend, 20 Deep Questions To Get To Know Your Partner Better or (my personal favourite) 225 Funny Questions To Ask Your Partner (guaranteed to create some giggles!)
Have a mooch. And have fun!